Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chillaxin in Brisbane

Today is somewhat of a "chill" day.  I need to do some much needed laundry before I make my 14-hour train ride journey to Sydney this Sunday.  Unfortunately, fuzzyblog doesn't work the way I thought it would - I can snap photos, but an instant internet connection is  needed to upload the pic - something I don't have in AU (my phone is off because of massive roaming charges that would occur).  However, I am able to email myself photos from my iPhone and then upload them here.  Pictured above is the Brisbane River and I (notice the boat about to collide with my dome)...hehe.   

Anywho, with the downtime on hand here are some things I checked out the last couple of days:

Australian Zoo  - saw/petted koalas and 'roos...it's too bad Steve Irwin isn't around anymore since much of the exhibits is centered around him

Mount Warning - 4-5 km trek which ends with climbing a 45 degree plus 500 m climb at the end (yes, I'm using the metric system)

More Fun Aussie Facts:
  • bloke is a "dude" (e.g., This bloke Gary keeps typing away...)
  • "he's legend" - often used to refer to someone who's kick-ass
  • you want a regular coffee with milk?  that's a "flat white"
  • there are no toilet seat covers!
  • you want ketchup with your fries?  that's called tomato sauce and it will cost you extra...hehe
I'm having a blast!  I'll post more later.  Hopefully they have internet connection in the hostel I'm staying in at Sydney.

Cheers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Ms. Mac's - the finest meat pie anywhere in the world, eat 'em ! In Sydney, visit Glebe (that's the hip part of town, if I remember correct), and go to King's Cross if you want to see the cleanest and safest "Skid Row" in the western world. And go see the Three Sisters in Katoomba.

heyroth said...

Duuude! Sounds awesome! Keep posting!! It's been crazy warm here!