Friday, August 29, 2008

'Roo Meat Me, Mate!

During downtime yesterday I ventured to the grocery store and bought a packet of kangaroo steak.  Where else could you get 'roo in a supermarket?  For ~$7.00 I got about 0.5 kg of BBQ marinated steak (in the meat section next to beef and pork).  I went ahead and pan fried the meat to about medium rare.  With some rice and cheese the meat was quite tasty!  Victorian Bitter bear (AU) made for a nice pairing.  

My quick take on 'roo meat:  It's buttery soft, almost like filet mignon.  The taste is somewhat gamey like lamb.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a braver man than I..."Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I ain't eatin' the motherfucker." VB is delicious though.

heyroth said...

Oh man, i can't believe you did that. I did however eat ostrich. That was tasty.

Gary said...

roth, did you eat ostrich at Murder Burger? I've done that.