Friday, December 19, 2008

Deep Throat, you lived down the street from me and we never knew for the longest time...

Yesterday at the age of 95, W. Mark Felt died of congestive heart failure. In 2005, Felt revealed to reporters on the porch of his Santa Rosa home that he was indeed "Deep Throat." His secret was kept to himself for over 30 years -- his own family did not know reportedly until 2001. Those close to him believe he step forth because the burden took its tole in his later years.

Former FBI associate director Felt was the mysterious informant who helped reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein unfold the Watergate scandal which ultimately lead to the resignation of President Nixon. Felt moved to Santa Rosa, CA in 1991.

His house is literally 1000 steps from my parent's house. Growing up, I used to jog passed it all the time. Also, my buddy used to live in the house across the street from him.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I know, how much more interesting would that have made the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

I remember when Isaac called me up and we met with Derek Miyasaki and the Adams Bros in front of Deep Throats house. What a spectacle with the news trucks and reporters everywhere. RIP Deep Throat!

Brenwah said...

A coincidence? I think not.