Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ultima Man Garriott lands safely in Kazakhstan after Space Journey

Ultima IV. Probably most of you didn't play this game, however this was one of many games on my family's Apple IIgs (late 80s-early 90s). I was surprised I found the following youtube clip. I guess what got me sleuthing was the creator, Richard Garriott, just returned back from a 2 week 30 million dollar journey space trip to the International Space Station. There, he managed several education outreach efforts. The trip was arranged by Space Adventures - a company who will offer space flights to those able to front the money. One online article mentioned that Garriott AKA Lord British, amongst other accomplishments, designed the Ultima series.

I enjoyed this game, granted I was only about 9 at the time and never really progressed that far. At any rate, enjoy this clip. Note: I believe this is the PC version...unfortunately, there are no Apple version on the 'tube. At any rate, it's very similar from what I can recall. Yay for archiac RPGS!!!

2 comments:

heyroth said...

Hah, this game is ooooold. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

wow! i totally forgot about that game! remember having the IIgs downstairs by the staircase? arctic fox, summer games, what else was there?.....floppy discs rule!

ryan