Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cancelled my 24 Hr Fitness membership

Access to the UW's IMA center (school's gym) is integrated into tuition cost. Given that, it made sense to cancel my existing 24 Hr Fitness membership. I realized this when I went once to '24 last month and was charged $46.99. Yikes! I heard runaround horror stories of canceling a'24 membership. Mine was moderately frustrating:


1. Called gym. Given 800 number to call.
2. 800 number automated personal tells me to call gym (and hangs up on me!)
3. Called gym again. She tells me a representative will call me back.
4. 1 Hr later, representative called backed. She asked, "are you SURE you want to quit?" and "why do you want to quit."
5. Membership finally officially canceled.


**BTW, Ironically the '24 Hr' gym I frequented was open from '7AM-9PM'.

1 comment:

heyroth said...

ironically, i signed up 3-4 weeks ago...